Name:
Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada

Melanie Bremner is presently running and maintaining an online Family EBook Sales shop, and produces a weekly newsletter full of stories, facts and fun for the whole family. Sign up for her newsletter and receive a monthly bonus. http://ebooks4families.biz

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I have been going to the movies quite a bit these days. The other week my 16 year old daughter(who wants to be the next Tim Burton)and I were discussing the movie The Corpse Bride. She had written a review on it for school and I was quite impressed. I had said I wasn't crazy about the movie but couldn't give a solid foundation of why. After hearing her review my opionion changed. She had made me look at the movie in a way I never had before.
That got me to thinking. What really is a review composed of and why can it make or break the success of a film? So, I set out to check into some sites that will help me to learn to write a review with the proper format and panache.
I found this site that anyone who is interested can check out. http://leo.stcloudstate.edu/acadwrite/bookrevpre.html
Here's a story I wrote for my son when he started kindergarten in 1996.

Time For School

It’s morning now
So shake your head
Just rub those eyes
Get out of bed.

Go brush your hair
Now don’t be late
Better hurry
The bus won’t wait.

Off to school
You have to go
To read and write
You’ll learn to know.

To learn colours
Like red and blue
To learn numbers
Like one and two.

You’ll learn to draw
And paint real well.
Share a toy
For “show and tell”.

You can read rhymes,
Fairytales too.
Like “The Three Little Pigs”
And “Little Boy Blue”.

You can learn songs
About cuddly bears
You can play games
Like musical chairs.

Sitting quiet
While you must wait
For snack is served
Upon a plate.

There’s crafts from sticks
Or paper planes
They’re fun to make
For when it rains.

You’ll build towers
With “Lego” blocks
You’ll make puppets
From old, wool socks.

There’s waterplay
With boats and whales
A box of sand
With shovels and pails.

You’ll play hockey
Or with a ball.
Run in the field
Just not in the hall.

When class is done
It’s time to go
The toys are put
All in a row.

Coats are put on
Hats and scarves too.
And every day
There’s more to do.

By Melanie Bremner Doran © copyright 1996

Are you at stay at home parent looking to make some extra cash? Check out this site for cool ideas.
Bizymoms.com






Knock Their Socks Off! A Freelance Writer's Guide to Query Letters That Sell
Compare T1 Line price quotes and T1 Connection service from multiple T1 providers with just one click!


Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission




Make money 15 minutes from right NOW! 100% Automated System - Affiliate Cash Vault!
Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home